Conscious Capital® , in partnership with Omnis Institute, is pleased to present The Omnis Fund to challenge the critical global issue of women’s health and reproductive rights. With the global refugee crisis reaching an all-time high, The Omnis Fund aims to facilitate essential research to establish sustainable solutions to the major health disparities in both refugee camps and urban displaced communities.
About The Omnis Institute:
With a research focus on four areas of expertise, Education, Health, Migration and Security, Omnis Institute aims to bring inclusive leadership to the forefront of the global agenda, convening women and youth with global leaders, policymakers, businesses and academia.
Recognizing the value of local social entrepreneurs, Omnis Institute also works closely with community leaders through localised initiatives aimed at creating collaborative environments that empower communities with the skills needed to become vital assets towards sustainable peace and development.
About The Omnis Fund:
With the global refugee crisis reaching an all-time high, The Omnis Fund aims to facilitate essential research to establish sustainable solutions to the major health disparities in both refugee camps and urban refugee communities.
- Despite significant interest in the refugee crisis, much of it has been focused on short term political and social responses.
- Little focus on providing long-term health care support, particularly for women, and little to no access to reproductive and sexual health for women. Reproductive rights have been cited as the key solution to climate change (Paul Hawkens, Drawdown); however, the highest birth rates are found in conflict zones and refugee camps.
- Existing healthcare infrastructure and services lend themselves to:
1. Increased disease risk and higher disease spread
2. Increased birth rates causing greater population and resource strain
3. Increased exposure of women to exploitation, abuse and maternal mortality.
- Despite different drivers of migration and different local contexts, similar women’s health problems have arisen in all contexts of refugee crisis.
- Women’s reproductive health in particular has been compromised. At present refugee and displaced women experience:
• Sexual harassment
• Rape and sexual/physical violence
• Early age at marriage and pregnancy
• Complications during pregnancy
• Increased risk of maternal mortality
For more information, please fill out the form below
Disclaimer: Conscious Giving, Inc. is a Pennsylvania public benefit corporation, headquartered in Philadelphia, with a registered office in New York City. Conscious Giving, Inc. is legally independent of Conscious Capital, Inc. and Conscious Capital AG, and does not operate outside the United States. As a tax-exempt “public charity” as defined by the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Sections 501(c)(3), Conscious Giving, Inc. is eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions under IRC Section 170 and is qualified to receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers or gifts under Section 2055, 2106 or 2522. Therefore, contributions to Conscious Giving, Inc. are largely tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. No goods or services are provided by Conscious Giving, Inc. in exchange for contributions. Conscious Giving, Inc. only conducts charitable fundraising activities in the states where registration has been obtained and licensing is current. For additional disclaimers, please click here.